[oe] Sugar Desktop

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Tue Aug 19 21:04:50 UTC 2008

David Farning wrote:
> I am wondering if there is interest in creating OE packages for the
> Sugar desktop [1].  Development of Sugar, which was originally designed
> for the One Laptop Per Child, has been spun off to Sugar Labs.
>
> We are interest in expanding the number of devices which run Sugar.  Our
> goals of running on inexpensive, low power machines aligns nicely with
> those of embedded devices.

Great! I've started on adding sugar stuff (sugar-toolkit and sugar are
already in), but then I stumbled across the usual wrong assumptions in
buildsystems:

sugar-artwork-0.82.0/cursor/cursorthemegen/.libs/lt-cursorthemegen:
cannot execute binary file

My opterons can't execute ARM code. Could you *please* fix those issues
upstream so that every sucrose part cross-compiles cleanly?

regards,

Koen