[oe] Circular dependency

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Wed Aug 20 01:18:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to get "bitbake world" operational again (boy, our meta-data
is rotten!).  One thing I have come across is circular dependencies when
there really are none.  Try "bitbake udhcp" and witness

ERROR:
'['/usr/src/oe/org.openembedded.dev/packages/udhcp/udhcp_0.9.8.bb']'
RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity 'udhcp'
but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables

The bb file definition looks fine for all I know.  What is the problem here?

Regards

Rolf

PS: Can't we drop udhcp in favor of busybox(-udhcp)?  Seems like
redundant meta-data to me.