[oe] Git server did not support http protocol.

Martin Runge martin.runge at web.de
Tue Aug 26 09:11:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I used openembedded in several companies I worked for a consultant. In all
of them, I was caught behind a firewall ( proxy with login required), too.
By now, we can only use the daily snapshots of the monotone database and
checkout locally.

So supporting git over http(s) additionally would be a great improvement for
us.

I agree that tunneling everything over http is not a good style, but I am
not in the position to change it.

best regards
Martin