[oe] Request for a personal git tree for AT91/AVR32

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Dec 8 17:14:12 UTC 2008

On 08-12-08 17:26, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Ulf Samuelsson
>> <ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com> wrote:
>>> I ran into a problem that linux would not build because if you
>>> use linux and request UIMAGE, then you fail because
>>> u-boot-mkimage is not available.
>> Well, u-boot native tools are built perfectly now, and uImages
>> work. Try to build for afeb9260 machine, and see for yourself.
>> I tried that yesterday, it works perfectly.
>>

> If you can't download the source you can't build the tools.

Sourcemirrors and tarballstashes in OE provide tarballs, not 1:1 mirrors
of the scms. Had you actually read the error message you would have
noticed that it did something like:

1) try source mirror for tarball -> FAIL
2) try upstream repo -> FAIL
3) error out

if 1) fails it means the autobuilder hasn't build and mirror that rev
yet. 2) means an error on your end, be it corporate firewall or the
infamous --tags bug in bitbake 1.8.10.

Note that the angstrom sourcemirror has been real good at hiding the
bitbake 1.8.10 bug.

regards,

Koen