[oe] Request for a personal git tree for AT91/AVR32

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Mon Dec 8 16:26:42 UTC 2008

> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Ulf Samuelsson <ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com>
> wrote:
>> I ran into a problem that linux would not build because if you
>> use linux and request UIMAGE, then you fail because
>> u-boot-mkimage is not available.
> Well, u-boot native tools are built perfectly now, and uImages
> work. Try to build for afeb9260 machine, and see for yourself.
> I tried that yesterday, it works perfectly.

If you can't download the source you can't build the tools.
It used the backup location which does not have a git server.
Obviously it could be a temporary problem with the main
location, but it is probably a bug trying to use the backup location.

If a "stable" version is used, then the backup location can contain the same
source code.

Anyway , If it normally works, then I do not need to add it!

If people have problem, does it hurt that u-boot-1.3.4 is supported as well?

I checked with the AT91 group and they have been spending quite
some time to test and verify 1.3.4 on a multitude of boards so
it does make sense to have this supported.

Is the "personal" git tree really personal, or can you have
a git tree which is available to a group?

It makes sense for me to have an "atmel" group which I
could share with other interested atmel employees.

Who is making decisions on access?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson