[oe] Request for a personal git tree for AT91/AVR32

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:09:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Ulf Samuelsson <ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com> wrote:
> I ran into a problem that linux would not build because if you
> use linux and request UIMAGE, then you fail because
> u-boot-mkimage is not available.
Well, u-boot native tools are built perfectly now, and uImages
work. Try to build for afeb9260 machine, and see for yourself.
I tried that yesterday, it works perfectly.

> I then made the linux recipy depend on the u-boot native tools,
> and then u-boot.git was selected and oe tried
> to do git access to www.angstrom-distribution.org or something similar.
> I do not know why, and could not figure out why it did so.
>
> That is why I wrote the new recipy.
>
>> so I don't see real point in using versioned approach.
>
> If you want to add patches they may or may not be broken by a later git
> version.
> It is more important to have something which has been tested and validated
> than the latest stuff.
>
> I agree that it would have been better to use the 2008.10 though.
Wel, look at u-boot_git.bb, it has tags fixed for some machines, and
apply patches too. I never had problems with it. That could save you
lots of time.
you can fix versions by providing git commit hashes in SRC_URI. Look
at mentioned
u-boot_git on how this is done.