[oe] [RFC] Ship dbus config and dbus service activation files

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Thu Dec 11 13:29:06 UTC 2008

Hello.

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 01:33, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 01:16, Thomas Kunze wrote:
> > Stefan Schmidt schrieb:
>
> >> The following patch i nstalls the files correctly for me. Never used FILES_${PN}
> >> before so I would like to get some review before.
> >>
> > Maybe its better to create a package wpasupplicant-dbus. IMO we should
> > try to split packages if we can and  the dbus
> > functionallity is clearly separable from wpasupplicant core functions.
>
> I wouldn't mind. Where would you like to draw the line for such a split? Just
> the dbus specific files or a wpa-supplicant version without and one with dbus
> enabled?

As we have sorted out the dbus depends on libX11 now it would be interesting if
people still think that separate version for wpa-supplicant, one with dbus and
one without, are still something to aim for?

The two files my patch adds are for sure not the problem here. I think nobody
will scream if I commit them.

Personally I would not step to do sucha package split as I don't have a system
that does not run dbus. (Which makes me abviously totally biased anyway. :) )

I'm fine on the other hand to test such a patch on the aspect if it still works
the way for us as before.

regards
Stefan Schmidt