[oe] [RFC] Ship dbus config and dbus service activation files

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Dec 11 00:37:00 UTC 2008

Am Thursday 11 December 2008 01:16:23 schrieb Thomas Kunze:
> > The following patch i nstalls the files correctly for me. Never used
> > FILES_${PN} before so I would like to get some review before.

Looks good to me.

> Maybe its better to create a package wpasupplicant-dbus. IMO we should
> try to split packages if we can and  the dbus
> functionallity is clearly separable from wpasupplicant core functions.

Is it? How so? AFAIK there is no facility to have wpa_supplicant dlopen
libdbus and only provide the dbus interface on demand.

We can compile it completely without dbus support in a seperate recipe, if
that's what you want -- but given the increasing ubiquity of dbus, that
doesn't make much sense.

--
:M: