[oe] OpenEmbedded @ FOSDEM - CfP - deadline: 2008-12-20

Philippe De Swert philippedeswert at scarlet.be
Fri Dec 12 14:13:18 UTC 2008

Hello all,

> Hi,
> as you read in the last mail OpenEmbedded will not get it own room at
> the upcomming FOSDEM. Nevertheless you will have the chance of
> presenting your OE-related talk as part of the 'Embedded devroom'.
>
> The Embedded devroom is organized by Philippe de Swert. So eventually
> all organisation stuff concerning the room and your talk has to be done
> with him.

Corrext.

> As it looks we will only have ~60 min. Normally that is the duration for
> one talk. However experiences gained in other devrooms in the preceding
> years have shown that it is more interesting for the visitors to get to
> know many topics in a short time. That is why I propose that talks
> should be around 10-15 min. That way we can present 4-6 OE-related
> topics ... it also means that less preparation time is needed for the
> one who does the talk. :)

Seems we had a miscommunication here. Of course we can give more time to
handle OE related projects. However it might be beneficial to group a number
of small projects together. So feel free to submit presentations and topics
for a full presentation slot (1h slot, about 45min talking).

Regards,

Philippe

PS: I attached the Fosdem call for papers, so spread it if you feel like it :)

---
More than 2000 Scarlet customers don't pay a subscription anymore!
Join and surf free of charge! >> http://www.scarlet.be/nl/mgm