[oe] Bitbake: Switch to git?

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Dec 18 10:42:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 01:55 +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> I think there is broad agreement on switching Bitbake over to git? Is there
> any striking reason to not just create a bitbake repository on
> git.openembedded.net and use git-svn to convert the whole svn repository?
>
> Personally I think now would be a good time.

I agree we should move to git.

I do want to see the history preserved though and the result of the
conversion to be sane and make sense. My experience of git-svn is that
it can sometimes need careful attention. I don't know how much churn
like layout changes the svn repository has had though...

So yes, I'm in favour as long as we do it properly. I'm still not happy
with the OE history but I just haven't got the time to do anything about
it :(.

Cheers,

Richard