[oe] ARM - OE Linux, Java and SerialPort

Jan Pannecoeck jpa at mgb-tech.com
Fri Dec 19 07:34:03 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right mailinglist, but I'll post my question
here so maybe someone could help me. I'm currently using an OE linux
distribution on my ARM board, this is all working fine and I'm using
jamvm to run my java programs. Now I would like to communicate with a
SerialPort. But the Java Communication API provided by Sun does not
support an ARM based system. Only the Linux x86 system is supported.
Since Linux is using the serial port as a "file", the reading and
writing part could probably be done using a simple Reader and Writer in
Java, but how can I change the baudrate and other configuration settings
of the serial port?

Does anybody has any experience with this?

Kind regards, and a early happy christmas!

Jan Pannecoeck