[oe] [oe-commits] John Lee : om-gta02.conf: bring over this conf from om.dev

Valentin Longchamp valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch
Fri Dec 19 08:42:20 UTC 2008

Robert Schuster wrote:
> GIT User account schrieb:
>>  TARGET_ARCH = "arm"
>> -MACHINE_CLASS = "neo1973"
>> -PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS = "fic-gta02 ${MACHINE_CLASS}"
>> +PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS = "armv4t"
> Something may be missing. When the change is applied I cannot build
> anything because I get an error from the sanity checker:
>
> ERROR:  Openembedded's config sanity checker detected a potential
> misconfiguration.
> 	Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the
> checker (see sanity.conf).
> 	Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:
>
> 	Error, Your PACKAGE_ARCHS field contains duplicates. Perhaps you set
> EXTRA_PACKAGE_ARCHS twice accidently through some tune file?

I don't know where this git change comes from, but for me it looks
wrong, it looks like a commit going _backwards_. The error you get is
because PACKAGE_ARCHS contains duplicates, and this comes from the
PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS that is set in the above patch. You cannot have
duplicates in the PACKAGE_ARCHS variable. Here you certainly have armv4t
twice !

I think that now PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS variables no longer are define in
conf/machine/files but in conf/machiine/include/tune-proc files.

Val

--
Valentin Longchamp, PhD Student, EPFL-STI-LSRO1
valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch, Phone: +41216937827