[oe] Please review john_lee/openmoko-toolchain

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Dec 22 12:07:28 UTC 2008

On 22-12-08 10:29, John Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>

>      meta-toolchain-openmoko.bb: add feed to toolchain
>
>      By modifying the opkg config files in the toolchain, the toolchain can
>      expend itself by installing packages from the repository.
>

> We need to do some modifications to the contents of toolchain before
> the packaging complete, so we use this variable as a hook.  The
> modification is to create an opkg config file so the toolchain knows
> where to get new packages.  A better way might be to install
> distro-feed-configs, but that includes several opkg config files while
> alias 'opkg-target' uses just one: opkg.conf.

Suggestions for the existing patch:

* rename OPENMOKO_URI to TOOLCHAIN_FEED_URI
* move the modify_opkg_conf () to meta-toolchain.bb
* TOOLCHAIN_FEED_URI ? = "" in meta-toolchain.bb
* TOOLCHAIN_FEED_URI =
"http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing" in
meta-toolchain-openmoko.bb or better, conf/distro/openmoko.conf

That way more distributions can use it and each distro version can have
it's own SDK by setting TOOLCHAIN_FEED_URI in its distro file.

As you might have noticed /etc/opkg/arch.conf isn't in any packages (not
unlike the initial devnodes), so you have to generate it for the SDK. I
ran in to the same problem with the online image creator[1] and resorted
to manually installing the conf files: [2]

regards,

Koen

[1] http://amethyst.openembedded.net/~koen/narcissus/
[2]