[oe] Some questions on configuring OE

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Sun Feb 10 17:06:52 UTC 2008

I am trying to use OE and the MokoMakefile to build an OABI OpenMoko
version for the Neo GTA01 - and for the Acer n30 PDA.

So far I succeeded in building everything without errors on a Debian
Etch machine but it does not run.
The Neo does not complete booting to X11 and the last message  on the
boot screen is

mcblk0: mmc0:e624 SU512 495488KiB
  mmcblk0: p1

Pressing the power key produces messages like:
pcf50606_irq:entering(irq=53, pcf=c0555800): scheduling work
pcf50606_work: INT=0x42 INT2=0x00 INT3=0x00:ONKEYF SECOND
pcf50606_irq:entering(irq=53, pcf=c0555800): scheduling work
pcf50606_work: INT=0x01 INT2=0x00 INT3=0x00:ONKEYR

but nothing else... The AUX button produces a ^@ on the console.

Before that there are some messages about initializing Bluetooth, CDC
Ethernet, mouting the .jffs2 as root but no error messages.

The Acer n30 hangs in the X11 touchscreen calibration because the
touch does not work. And the power management is worse than the one
in the old Letux kernel. So I suspect that not all patches are
applied when using the default machine/acern30.conf of OE.

What I need is some help how to configure the build system properly
(unfortunately, chapters 7&8 of  http://www.uv-ac.de/openembedded/
openembedded-7.html are not completed).

Questions:
1. I could not find out if and which of the Letux n30 patches have
been included to the MACHINE = "acern30" so far
2. if not, I have some patch files from the Letux project - but how
and where should I configure those?
3. What do I need to change to compile OpenMoko for OABI so that it
really boots?

Many thanks for any hints how to proceed,
Nikolaus