[oe] Some questions on configuring OE

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Feb 11 16:36:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller schrieb:
> The Acer n30 hangs in the X11 touchscreen calibration because the
> touch does not work. And the power management is worse than the one
> in the old Letux kernel. So I suspect that not all patches are
> applied when using the default machine/acern30.conf of OE.

If the touchscreen issue is not a kernel problem check your /etc/X11/Xserver
script (from xserver-(kdrive-)common package) if it has support for your device.

> Questions:
> 1. I could not find out if and which of the Letux n30 patches have
> been included to the MACHINE = "acern30" so far

The acern30.conf defines that the linux_2.6.14.bb is used. So unless something
else overrides this (your local.conf or the distro maybe) you will get 2.6.14
which applies a lot of patches for the n30. You would have to check
linux_2.6.14.bb what these patches are and where they come from.

> 2. if not, I have some patch files from the Letux project - but how
> and where should I configure those?

Just add them to the linux kernel bb. The default linux_2.6.14.bb is a good
example how additional machine dependent patches are applied.

> 3. What do I need to change to compile OpenMoko for OABI so that it
> really boots?

I don't think there are special needs for OpenMoko, its a setting in the distro
definition you use. angstrom-2008.1-legacy.conf should contain the bits doing
the right thing.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de

1D78 2D4D 6C53 1CA4 5588  D07B A8E7 940C 25B7 9A76