[oe] RFD: is bitbake 1.8.10 minimum supported standard? (was: [oe-commits] org.oe.dev anki: fix parse error)

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri Feb 15 16:11:47 UTC 2008

Mike (mwester) wrote:
> Requiring a bitbake upgrade to accommodate a
> single-line in a single recipe that can easily be expressed in a fashion
> compatible with the existing bitbake versions installed, well that just
> seem to fly in the face of that earlier discussion.

Well, seen from that angle that seems to hold.  But that was not my
angle and I hope I was not being mistaken in this regard.

IIRC bitbake 1.8.10 has quite many bug fixes as well (RP?).  So, that is
more what I was getting at.  AFAIK, .dev and bitbake were meant to be
closely coupled.  IOW, don't run bleeding edge .dev with an old bitbake
and expect things to work.

I am open to extend the time until 1.8.8 is officially dead for .dev
What do others think about this question of timing?