[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev h5000: ship all kernel-modules and at76_usb

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 09:48:46 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:50:04 +0100
"koen commit" <openembedded-commits at lists.openembedded.org> wrote:

> h5000: ship all kernel-modules and at76_usb
>
> Author: koen at openembedded.org
> Branch: org.openembedded.dev
> Revision: 6448d171f98047531cbca187171b0d2bdd62a261
> ViewMTN:
> http://monotone.openembedded.org/revision/info/6448d171f98047531cbca187171b0d2bdd62a261
> Files: 1
> conf/machine/h5000.conf
> Diffs:
>
> +# Ship complete set of modules ('kernel-modules') for easier debug
> purposes
> -MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS = " kernel-module-h5400-lcd \
> +MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS = " kernel-modules \
[]

I hope that when debug purposes will finish, this will be removed,
because it's not good at all, as more and more modules are being
enabled, and there're already quite a few megs of them. Plus even just
having some modules around will cause them load, taking away memory and
potentially changing behavior (e.g., dropbear pulls ipv6 taking 200Kb+).

P.S. For debugging purposes, there's devimage-image. It does include
kernel-images for every machine. It also offers kind of clean room for
testing, booting into raw shell with pristine overall kernel
environment, but having most (the aim - as much as possible) needed
tools at fingertips.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com