[oe] building uClinux using OE

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 15:28:27 UTC 2008

Hi Jin,

2008/2/14, Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan <jin at mediatomb.cc>:
> Hi,
sic

> uClibc is also already supported by OE, not sure if I would have to add
> an option for uC-libc.

Although uC-libc is not so "up to date" I think it can be important to
device with small flash memory (like Netburn MOD5272) since it create
smallest binary footprint.

> So basically it seems that almost everything that is needed is already there.
>
> What is missing?
>
> - applying elf2flt processing to produced binaries
>
> - have a way of knowing that the particular build is done for the uClinux
>   targets (maybe for some tweaks in .bb files if required or to apply patches
>   only when necessary, allthough ifdef __uClinux__ defines could be used)
>
> - not sure what else?
>
> I do not have any uClinux experience yet, and it seems to be quite difficult
> to gather all the bits and pieces of information, so I'd appreciate comments
> and suggestions, especially if you see that I am missing something.
>
> I'd also be interested in your thoughts on what would be the best way to
> integrate it into OE.

Do you add all kernels supported by uClinux distro (2.0.x, 2.4.x and 2.6.x) ?

I think your idea to add uClinux support on OE is fantastic!