[oe] building uClinux using OE

Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan jin at mediatomb.cc
Tue Feb 19 13:07:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 12:28:27PM -0300, Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> > uClibc is also already supported by OE, not sure if I would have to add
> > an option for uC-libc.
> >
> Although uC-libc is not so "up to date" I think it can be important to
> device with small flash memory (like Netburn MOD5272) since it create
> smallest binary footprint.

I will probably start with uClibc since it's already in OE, I am not sure
if my project requires uC-libc, I guess I will look at that when I get a
little further.

> > I do not have any uClinux experience yet, and it seems to be quite difficult
> > to gather all the bits and pieces of information, so I'd appreciate comments
> > and suggestions, especially if you see that I am missing something.
> >
> > I'd also be interested in your thoughts on what would be the best way to
> > integrate it into OE.
> >

> Do you add all kernels supported by uClinux distro (2.0.x, 2.4.x and 2.6.x) ?

I will focus on 2.6.x, I do not have any hardware to test with the
older kernels and the project I am working on also requires a 2.6.x version.

> I think your idea to add uClinux support on OE is fantastic!

Let's hope we succeed in doing so :)

Kind regards,
Jin