[oe] Uppercase overrides and parsing speed

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sat Feb 23 21:57:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 22:34 +0200, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:44:19 +0100 Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:
> > Didn't we also agree that variable names shouldn't include '_' at all?
>
> How is that achievable? LETSUSEITLIKETHIS? Maybe exclude 'A' too? ;-)
> Isn't there was a hint that using '_' as an override operator is funky?

Changing the override operator involves a flag day and is painful,
changing the variable names isn't quite as invasive and it would be
possible to upgrade to over time.

FWIW, there isn't as much improvement as I'd hoped. I mentioned the
benchmark result since I had it and I thought it interesting...

Cheers,

Richard