[oe] Situation with qemu-native and its FB support

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 01:29:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just found that qemu-native no longer supports FB emulation, quitting
with "Could not initialize SDL - exiting", while it worked some time
ago (within 2 last months). Tracing thru changes to figure out what
could have happened, I'm finding that it really couldn't work at all -
we build libsdl-native with no video driver enabled for quite some
time, and qemu DEPENDs on it for quite some time either. This is all
aggravated with XV/OpenGL problems I started to have here after ATI
drivers upgrade.

So, does anybody else experience this? Is full-fledged device emulation
(with FB for example) within scope of qemu-native at all? I have to say
that the need to have X11 development packages installed to just build
an OE image (due to need of qemu-native to generate glibc locales)
wasn't ideal, but at the same time it's convenient to have fresh qemu
build to do general emulation.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com