[oe] mtn disapprove

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri Jan 11 18:48:32 UTC 2008

It seems this solution is not yet perfect.  All of the sudden, bitbake
cooks up an armv5te version of libogg for the collie.  My suspicion is
that this has to do with PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS.

What does PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS do?  If set to "armv4 armv4t armv5e
armv5te", can that provide problems for a device like the collie which
is arm-only, not armv5te?  How about the poodle?  Is that device and all
other Zaurus safe with "armv4 armv4t armv5e armv5te"?

If my suspicion is true, my suggestion for Zaurus-2.6.inc is

-PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS = "armv4 armv4t armv5e armv5te"
+PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS ?= "armv4 armv4t armv5e armv5te"
+PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS_collie = ""