[oe] [RFC] Making libmimedir-0.4.2 default in OE

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 22:50:51 UTC 2008

Hello openembedded-devel,

  Currently, libmimedir-0.3.1 is marked DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "1". That
version of the lib has at least 2 serious bugs:

1. Arbitrary cutting off of NOTE field during parsing.
2. Parsing only one value from CATEGORIES field.

  This essentially makes it not suitable for VCARD (at least) parsing
at all. Both issues were fixed in 0.4.2 (tested).

  So, I'd like to propose to remove mentioned DEFAULT_PREFERENCE and
make other steps as needed to make 0.4.2 the default version.

  Other possible changes regarding this lib:

1. Drop 0.3.1 as too buggy. (Caveat: 0.3.1 is the last version from
original author, 0.4 serious are being maintained by GPE project).

2. There appears to be (at least) two libmimedir's, another one is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmimedir/ (at 0.5, versions up to
0.4 were part of synce project). Debian names package for the lib in
question "libmimedir-gnome", we may want to disambiguate too.
http://packages.qa.debian.org/libm/libmimedir-gnome.html

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com