[oe] [Gpe-list] [RFC] Making libmimedir-0.4.2 default in OE

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Jan 21 12:13:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

Paul Sokolovsky schrieb:
>   Currently, libmimedir-0.3.1 is marked DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "1". That
> version of the lib has at least 2 serious bugs:

how did that happen? I can't imagine that this would be a good idea.

>   So, I'd like to propose to remove mentioned DEFAULT_PREFERENCE and
> make other steps as needed to make 0.4.2 the default version.

I agree, that can't be wrong :-)

> 2. There appears to be (at least) two libmimedir's, another one is
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmimedir/ (at 0.5, versions up to
> 0.4 were part of synce project). Debian names package for the lib in
> question "libmimedir-gnome", we may want to disambiguate too.
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/libm/libmimedir-gnome.html

Yes we should follow Debian here. I don't know if the synce one is relevant in
any way but it might be better to change the name of the package to be safe.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de

1D78 2D4D 6C53 1CA4 5588  D07B A8E7 940C 25B7 9A76