[oe] [Gpe-list] [RFC] Making libmimedir-0.4.2 default in OE

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:10:25 UTC 2008

Hello Florian,

> Hi,

> Paul Sokolovsky schrieb:
>>   Currently, libmimedir-0.3.1 is marked DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "1". That
>> version of the lib has at least 2 serious bugs:

> how did that happen? I can't imagine that this would be a good idea.

  I usually do mtn ann/mtn log, but there I stopped once seen that that
line was changed in 2006, and that change what syntactic cleanup, so
actual DEFAULT_PREFERENCE value likely was there for quite log time.

>>   So, I'd like to propose to remove mentioned DEFAULT_PREFERENCE and
>> make other steps as needed to make 0.4.2 the default version.

> I agree, that can't be wrong :-)

  Ok, committed.

>> 2. There appears to be (at least) two libmimedir's, another one is
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmimedir/ (at 0.5, versions up to
>> 0.4 were part of synce project). Debian names package for the lib in
>> question "libmimedir-gnome", we may want to disambiguate too.
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/libm/libmimedir-gnome.html

> Yes we should follow Debian here. I don't know if the synce one is relevant in
> any way but it might be better to change the name of the package to be safe.

  I will prepare patch for that later. synce's version is used at
least by synce itself, and so dependent things (like sync plugins for
example), which may be added to OE someday.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com