[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev gnuplot: update 4.2.2, add 4.3.0+cvs

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Mon Jan 28 18:52:16 UTC 2008

On Monday 28 January 2008 19:34:59 Koen Kooi wrote:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer schreef:
> | On Monday 28 January 2008 16:40:22 Graeme Gregory wrote:

> |> I shall rename it later when I get a chance to indicate only OpenMoko
> |> use it.
> |
> | How about making it generic-preferred-versions.inc hence resurrecting
> | the "generic" distribution until we have the default versions configured
> | enough, so that you can build without setting a DISTRO?
>
> You can't build without setting a distro since among other things,
> SRCREV is broken if you do that.
> Besides not being named 'generic', what are the arguments against making
> angstrom the 'generic' distro in OE? It's the closest thing of showing
> off all features of OE *and* doing it the OE-way.

It's the message it sends. By all means I want to keep the difference between
OE as a distribution building environment and the actual distributions. If we
lose this distinction OE becomes OE/Angstrom and people will think OE is just
about/for one distribution -- which it is not.

--
Dr. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de