[oe] [Angstrom-devel] [RFC] add kernel-module-loop to roofs for collie and tosa

Junqian Gordon Xu xjqian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:22:52 UTC 2008

On 01/30/2008 05:23 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Dnia Wednesday, 30 of January 2008, Junqian Gordon Xu napisał:
>> altboot-console-image needs loopback file support either in the kernel
>> or as kernel module.
>
> It is not 'altboot-console-image' which needs it but altboot.

You are right, but practically it's not nice to have users to go find
kernel-module-loop before they can install roofs as a loopback image at
SD/CF. For tosa, the typical case is to install altboot-console-image
first then use altboot to install another image.

>> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m were set for both collie and tosa. Other Z deviced
>> has loopback file support built into the kernel.
>
> Probably not for long as kernel size increase with each version ;(

We can set it as module for all devices, sooner or later.

>> I would propose the following change [both dev and stable] to pack
>> kernel-module-loop into the default rootfs for collie and tosa; and
>> bump PR for task-base.
>
> As altboot needs it then it has to be added as RRECOMMENDS to altboot
> recipe rather.

The point is to have it available with altboot at the very beginning.
Although it's not techinically RDEPENDS, should we set it as RDEPENDS to
altboot recipe?

Regards
Gordon