[oe] [Angstrom-devel] [RFC] add kernel-module-loop to roofs for collie and tosa

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Wed Jan 30 16:11:39 UTC 2008

Dnia Wednesday, 30 of January 2008, Junqian Gordon Xu napisał:
> On 01/30/2008 05:23 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> > Dnia Wednesday, 30 of January 2008, Junqian Gordon Xu napisał:
> >> altboot-console-image needs loopback file support either in the
> >> kernel or as kernel module.
> >
> > It is not 'altboot-console-image' which needs it but altboot.
>
> You are right, but practically it's not nice to have users to go find
> kernel-module-loop before they can install roofs as a loopback image at
> SD/CF. For tosa, the typical case is to install altboot-console-image
> first then use altboot to install another image.

Users does not have to go and find it. OE will take care of it and
installing altboot into image will also adds kernel-module-loop package.
Thats how dependencies works.

> >> I would propose the following change [both dev and stable] to pack
> >> kernel-module-loop into the default rootfs for collie and tosa; and
> >> bump PR for task-base.
> >
> > As altboot needs it then it has to be added as RRECOMMENDS to altboot
> > recipe rather.
>
> The point is to have it available with altboot at the very beginning.
> Although it's not techinically RDEPENDS, should we set it as RDEPENDS
> to altboot recipe?

RRECOMMENDS is proper for kernel modules as it does not break if package
is not available (which is a case when loop is in kernel not module).

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                            It is your destiny.