[oe] RFC: RW for otavio

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Fri Jun 6 23:32:29 UTC 2008

Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> writes:

> The point here is to let people build up gradually. Changing the core
> infrastructure can influence a lot of people and whilst I don't want to
> discourage people hacking on it, we do need to take more care on those
> changes than ones in "lower" level recipes. I'm fairly sure most of the
> devs know and respect this, I just wonder if having some kind of more
> formal policy written down would be a good idea so people know where
> they stand?

This is usual in most projects.

I fully agree that this should be a policy and would be nice to have a
cannonical place to look for maintainers. That avoids mistakes from
begginers (like me).

I also believe this makes easier and avoid stupid mistakes to get in
SCM. More people checking is always good and I see no problem in
requiring it.

        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855