[oe] Missing includes in STAGING_INCDIR

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Tue Mar 4 11:47:39 UTC 2008

Hi Tom,

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 12:40:17 Tom Cooksey wrote:
> I am writing a recipie for Qt/Embedded 4.4 beta (using qt4 recipies as a
> base). At the moment Qt's configure test fails on dbus. I have added
> -I${STAGING_INCDIR}/dbus-1.0 to the configure flags so the configure test
> now picks up dbus/dbus.h correctly.
>
> However, dbus.h itself includes dbus/dbus-arch-deps.h, which is not in
> ${STAGING_INCDIR}/dbus-1.0/*, but _is_ in the dbus work dir. This means I
> have to add the dbus work dir to the include list, which feels wrong.

Surely that's wrong. Actually dbus-arch-deps.h is where it belongs to,
${libdir}/dbus-1.0/include/. On my favourite system this is:

tmp/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib/dbus-1.0/include/dbus/dbus-arch-deps.h

> I have had the same problem with gstreamer too. I think something has
> broken recently, as I've tried building the existing qtopia core recipies
> and had the same failures.

Just rely on pkgconfig and it will do the job. The relevant excerpt for dbus
is:

Name: dbus
Version: 1.1.20
Libs: -L${libdir} -ldbus-1
Cflags: -I${includedir}/dbus-1.0 -I${libdir}/dbus-1.0/include

:M:
--
Dr. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de