[oe] sysroot vs. finding header files

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Wed Mar 5 18:42:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

with the new sysroot stuff in, we have a problem when autotoolized packages
like xorg-lib/libx11_*.bb abuse pkgconfig like that:

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(XPROTO, [xproto >= 7.0.6])
AC_SUBST(XPROTO_CFLAGS)

# Find keysymdef.h
#
KEYSYMDEF=""
AC_MSG_CHECKING([keysymdef.h])
for flag in $XPROTO_CFLAGS -I/usr/include; do
        case "$KEYSYMDEF" in
        "")
                case "$flag" in
                *-I*)
                        dir=`echo "$flag" | sed 's/ *-I//'`
                        file="$dir/X11/keysymdef.h"
                        if test -f "$file"; then
                                KEYSYMDEF="$file"
                        fi
                        ;;
                esac
                ;;
        esac
done

With pkgconfig now pointing to /usr (and friends), this no longer finds a
keysymdef.h until you have X on your buildhost.

Any ideas how to fix that in the best way? (I hope there are not more of these
things hidden)

Cheers,

:M:
--