[oe] sysroot vs. finding header files

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Wed Mar 5 20:15:32 UTC 2008

Hi Mickey,

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 19:42 +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
[...]
> With pkgconfig now pointing to /usr (and friends), this no longer finds a
> keysymdef.h until you have X on your buildhost.
>
> Any ideas how to fix that in the best way? (I hope there are not more of these
> things hidden)

You will be pleased to know that:

a) Poky has a patch to "fix" that
b) I've not seen any other package do anything that insane

The bad news is upstream refused the patch on the grounds that "sysroot
is a hack". Once the pkgconfig sysroot stuff becomes more common place,
maybe they'll change their mind...

Cheers,

Richard