[oe] AVR32 init segfault: Any resolution?

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Fri Mar 7 17:13:40 UTC 2008

Hi all,

With Richard's help on the toolchain and a patch to the
conf/machine/at32stk1000.conf (submitted via Bugzilla), I can now boot the
kernel on my AVR32 based AT32STK1000.

However, init segfaults.  Here's the last boot of the boot activity before the
segfault:

Waiting 1sec before mounting root device...
mmc0: new SD card at address b368
mmcblk0: mmc0:b368 5     249856KiB
 mmcblk0: p1
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing init memory: 64K (90000000 - 90010000)
init[1]: segfault at 00000008 pc 2aaabbe8 sp 7ffd0f20 ecr 24
init has generated signal 11 but has no handler for it

Alex reported the same bug about a month ago to this mailing list.  I haven't
seen any resolution to it, though.  Is there a resolution to this bug yet?

Thanks,
---
Geoffrey