[oe] Sharp CE-RH1 CE-RH2 remote support for Akita, please test (was: ...disable rc patch for akita...)

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Sun Mar 9 00:02:42 UTC 2008

As I promised, there is a new version of sharpsl_rc drive, which should
support:
CE-RH2 on spitz (tested and works)
CE-RH2 on akita (status unknown)
CE-RH1 on c7x0 (status unknown)

Images, modules, patches (temporary URL):
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/images_ce-rhx/

Please test and let me know the result.

c7x0 users and users of older akita/spitz kernels has to reflash kernel,
others need only replace sharpsl_rc module by a new one.

To test it, you should see key numbers in syslog (dmesg -c; their
meaning should correspond with /usr/include/linux/input.h).

If you have latest build of X, you should also see them in xev.

Graeme Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:35:08 +0100
> "koen commit" <openembedded-commits at lists.openembedded.org> wrote:
>
> > linux-rp 2.6.24: disable rc patch for akita - it doesn't apply and
> > only handles spitz

There is actual only a one-line conflict depending on status of
htcuni.patch, trivial to fix. I can move conflicting line few lines away
to not be dependent on htcuni. I would like to move remote patches to
the generic part of RP kernels, as they can't break other platforms.

Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Oops. SPITZ_SCP2_AKIN_PULLUP is Spitz specific.

I used AKITA_IOEXP_AKIN_PULLUP for Akita and for c7x0 backported button
levels from 2.4 kernel, so CE-RH1 sould be working there as well.

I guess that tosa has no remote support, and collie/poodle may it have.