[oe] htcuni.patch generic for all devices?

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Mon Mar 10 10:22:07 UTC 2008

Junqian Gordon Xu wrote:
> htcuni.patch is not clean in .dev and breaks linux-rp_2.6.24 for all
> devices. My questions is why this patch was applied to all devices in
> thefirst place. Shouldn't this patch be put under the htcuniversal
> section, regardless if it's broken or not?

I am not a HTC Universal user, so I cannot test its function, but from
aspect of other devices, it looks clean and does not break my Zaurus
kernel.

Consequent reject in another patch sharpsl-rc is another problem,
trivial to fix.

Richard, what is your opinion? Do you prefer device specific patch sets
or making all clean enough patches generic?

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus