[oe] Reconsidering the work flow and how the SCM system fits in

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:00:56 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:45:11 +0100
Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 March 2008 10:32:56 Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>
> > Oh really? Because I would think that loving to see them makes
> > little sense. It makes sense only to use them. And who will use
> > them? Because if people wanted to use them, they would do that
> > already. Actually, people who want, do.
>
> I want to use them, I'm sure others would use them (if there is a
> good example usage), but an unmergable dreambox branch is anything
> but encouraging. As Linus said: Branching is easy, merging is the
> excercise and mtn is not up to merging (of non content conflicts).

Nice, your argumentation is pretty convincing. I just guess that we're
going to have lots of "I'd love to see branches in OE" votes in this
thread, and I'd just love to see them treated separately from "I need
branches", "I'm ok with using branches for my changes", "Branches are
going to complicate my work, but I might try", and "I hate branches - I
already barely have time to do real work" votes.

> z.

[]

--
Best regards,