[oe] Reconsidering the work flow and how the SCM system fits in

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 10:14:33 UTC 2008

> Nice, your argumentation is pretty convincing. I just guess that we're
> going to have lots of "I'd love to see branches in OE" votes in this
> thread, and I'd just love to see them treated separately from "I need
> branches", "I'm ok with using branches for my changes", "Branches are
> going to complicate my work, but I might try", and "I hate branches -
> I already barely have time to do real work" votes.

I need branches.

I need to be able to have an openmoko branch which follows .dev closely
but has some stuff that hasnt reached QA level required to allow in
.dev yet.

I probably need the openmoko branch to be only served by the openmoko
servers.

What I don't know is how this works with monotone, and I haven't had
time to sit down with the manual and trial it.

Graeme