[oe] [Angstrom-devel] [RFC] backport base_version_less_or_equal() (base.bbclass) from .dev to stable branch

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:02:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:02:35 +0100
Bernhard Guillon <Bernhard.Guillon at opensimpad.org> wrote:

> Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> >
> > Well, it's about base_version_less_or_equal() which indeed was added
> > recently. I hope Bernhard will look up exact revision to pluck.
> >

> Hello,
> I am not sure about the exact revision. I am not that familiar with
> monotone.

Well, it's not that much about monotone as about revision control.
Dealing with revisions is essence of it, and no matter what tool we'll
use, we, humans, using these tools, will still deal with revisions.

> While searching *ViewMTN* on openembedded.org I found this
> entry [1].  so revision is* *
> 38f8ae6418f23fd2c13f29ecf5b41628ff3dedcd ?

Well, why 38f... ? Your link contains 437..., and that's what the page
has at the top (I might agree that ViewMTN UI is not the best, but
it's not a reason to not read stuff it has).

So, the revision is 43753505f023f7853afdd0f497c28ef65c4b2509 and you
can verify that it contains the change you need with

mtn log --diffs --from 43753505f023f7853afdd0f497c28ef65c4b2509 --next 1

The next step is to submit output of that command to
angstrom-distro-devel list, with subject starting with "[Review]".
Please do so next time - change control procedures work well if
everyone follows them, not when few people do it for everyone else.

For this time, let's assume that was done, +1 from me on the change, we
have required 2 votes, and I push it next time I do plucks, if noone
else will do that before.

> best regards
> Bernhard Guillon
>
> 1