[oe] Reconsidering the work flow and how the SCM system fits in

Mike Westerhof mwester at dls.net
Wed Mar 12 20:34:49 UTC 2008

On Wed 12/03/08  2:00 PM , Koen Kooi koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl sent:

> I keep hearing people saying that they have no clue on how to setup a
> git-server for OE where we can commit things as usual, while with hg
> it's just 'hg serve'.

How many people _NEED_ to know how to set up a server, versus how many people
need to know how to use the client tools?  I think the availability of
end-user-assistance needs to be a prime consideration, lest we end up as we are
now -- where every newbie ends up on the IRC channel asking for help on what
should be simple operations.

> regards,
>
> Koen

Mike (mwester)