[oe] Reconsidering the work flow and how the SCM system fits in

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:40:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:21:10 +0100
Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:

> Richard Purdie schreef:
> | On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 20:00 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
>
> |> while with hg it's just 'hg serve'.
> |
> | How do two hg servers interact?
>
> I don't get your question, could you eloborate?

Actually, that's big and important question, which I keep putting off
to raise, trying to grasp other issues.

With mtn we seem to have very cheap and robust mirroring and
high-availability. Well, any DSCM lean on possibility of easy
mirroring, but Monotone with its super-cool concept of unbelievably
cheap branches (so-called heads), make it just well robust - even if
two different servers conflicting changes were made, they still can
synchronize without slightest issue and have both sets of changes, for
a human to resolve conflict at arbitrary point later.

I have to admit that I have no idea how any other DSCM would behave
regarding that.

> regards,
>
> Koen
[]