[oe] OpenEmbedded entity and some clarification

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Thu Mar 20 18:25:54 UTC 2008

Dnia Thursday 20 of March 2008, Holger Freyther napisał:

> At FOSDEM we sat together and hold the required founding assembly,
> according to my notes Florian, Mickeyl, Robert and me are part of the
> first board. We four still have to do the necessary things to register
> the association.

> Goal of the OpenEmbedded:

Goal of the OpenEmbedded e.V.:

> The primary goal is to support the development of OpenEmbedded. This
> can include providing/paying infrastructure, sponsor developer
> gatherings, fly people to conferences etc.. Or might even be paying a
> doc writer to... help us.

Will it cover target devices or part of their costs?

> It will not be a steering comittee, it will not engage in business
> activities (well hopefully we have a list of OE friendly companies,
> where we can point to if we get some kind of requests)

Do we have any written rules for it? How companies can support OE e.V.,
how they contact to be on a list of 'blessed ones' and how e.V. will sort
commercial job requests.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

  Alcohol may not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.