[oe] [RFC] move to opkg

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Sun Mar 23 10:43:13 UTC 2008

Dnia Sunday 23 of March 2008, Mike (mwester) napisał:
> Here's what it has started to add to the image (there may be more than
> this):
>
> libgpg
> libgpg-error
> libcrypt
> lzo
> pth
> libassuan
> gnutls

> In the short term:
>
> A) Where are the docs on opkg?

I do not have idea is there any at all ;(

> C) How much "fat" can we trim off of opkg, and how do we do that, so
> that we don't have to throw out other niceties that users appreciate?

Someone can add "opkg-lowfat_svn.bb":

--code--
require opkg_svn.bb
EXTRA_OECONF += "--disable-gpg"
--code--

And proper PREFERRED_PROVIDER stuff. This recipe will not fetch all those
libraries which you listed - only libcurl with dependencies will be
added.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

      I don't know. I don't care. And it doesn't make any difference.