[oe] AVR32 - stops at gcc-cross-4.2.1 configure GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Mon Mar 24 15:28:40 UTC 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 04:33:46 am Robert Wörle wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I am still fighting to get a clean build for the avr32
> The build i try is on a x86_64 host (if that makes a differecen)

Could be.  I have a Core 2 Duo, but I use it as a 32-bit system.  Too many
little gotchas with x86_64 without any advantage for what I do, IMO.  I don't
think that's the problem here, though.

> First i have to "fake" external-toolchin do_populate_staging with
> touching the stamp.

Not sure why you need to use the external-toolchain anymore.  I submitted some
patches that got applied on March 14 that allow OE to build the same
toolchain that Atmel's latest AVR32 buildroot system uses.

Here's my local.conf file, stripped of all comments and blank lines:

---begin---
DL_DIR = "${PRJROOT}/sources"
BBFILES = "${PRJROOT}/org.openembedded.dev/packages/*/*.bb"
BBMASK = ""
PREFERRED_PROVIDERS = "virtual/qte:qte virtual/libqpe:libqpe-opie"
PREFERRED_PROVIDERS += " virtual/libsdl:libsdl-x11"
PREFERRED_PROVIDERS += "
virtual/${TARGET_PREFIX}gcc-initial:gcc-cross-initial"
PREFERRED_PROVIDERS += " virtual/${TARGET_PREFIX}gcc:gcc-cross"
PREFERRED_PROVIDERS += " virtual/${TARGET_PREFIX}g++:gcc-cross"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux = "2.6.23"
MACHINE = "at32stk1000"
TARGET_FPU_avr32 = "soft"
TARGET_OS = "linux-uclibc"
DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
ANGSTROM_MODE = "uclibc"
IMAGE_FSTYPES = "ext3 jffs2 tar"
BBDEBUG = "yes"
PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 3"
BBINCLUDELOGS = "yes"
---end---

I have some more patches that I'm working on, but they're for stuff much after
getting minimal-image working.  I can almost get through the entire
base-image build now.  I'm looking at an ICE while building OpenSSH right
now.

---
Geoffrey