[oe] LEAD_SONAME?

Tom Cooksey thomas.cooksey at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 27 12:30:49 UTC 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 12:17:41 Tom Cooksey wrote:
> I'm guessing it's got something to do with automatic
> dependency tracking? Do I just list the shared libraries my package
> provides? If so, which version? The .so, .so.major, .so.major.minor or
> the complete .so.major.minor.patch?

Ok, I've tried adding all the libraries the package contains to LEAD_SONAME,
but now it's complaining with this:

NOTE: Multiple matches (...) for LEAD_SONAME 'libQt*'

So I guess it's only designed for a single .so file? What about packages with
multiple .so files?

I see this is all going on in debian.bbclass. Does this mean .ipkgs are now
debs?

I am actually splitting off all the individual libraries into seperate packages,
so should I be defining LEAD_SONAME_foo?

I'm also getting a truely bizzare problem, possibly related, where .so files are
missing from the packages. If I look in ${WORKDIR}/install I get a directory
for each package I've defined. The packages which should have .so files in
${libdir} are missing these files. However, I also have some .so files (plugins)
in a different directory, and they are fine?

I'm very confused, please could someone shed some light for me?

Cheers,

Tom