[oe] Creating a pristine environment?

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Thu May 8 14:10:16 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008 07:15:23 pm Holger Freyther wrote:

> I have seen raster's environment breaking various buildsystems and we might
> want to really start having a clean environment before starting to build.
>
> the patch below should implement it. Should we do this in OE? I'm aware of
> the unexport inside OE but we really should do this the otherway around.

Using some variables from the users environment is good, as others have
mentioned.  But some (I'm looking at you, CPATH) really need to be unset.  My
Gentoo system automatically sets CPATH, and having that set results in "CROSS
COMPILE Badness: /usr/include in INCLUDEPATH: /usr/include/libffi".

---
Geoffrey