[oe] Change ANGSTROM_EXTRA_INSTALL to IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri May 9 18:24:52 UTC 2008

Philip Balister wrote:
> I'd like to change the variable used for the user to add packages to a
> standard image from ANGSTROM_EXTRA_INSTALL to IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL. This
> is an image property, and not Angstrom specific.
>
> Is there anything wrong with this idea?

IMHO this is a good idea in the spirit of keeping a clear boundary
between OE and the distros derived from it.  In an ideal world "rgrep
ANGSTROM packages/" would be empty and any functionality implemented
available to any distro via generic "stubs"/variables to dock into.

+1 from me

I guess, now is a good time though, to give a big round of applause and
thank you to the Angstrom folks (koen in particular) who have brought a
great many things to OE (I can think of multi-machine, support for lots
of machines, ANGSTROM_MODE and ANGSTROM_EXTRA_INSTALL right now, but
there are countless others)