[oe] Change ANGSTROM_EXTRA_INSTALL to IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Tue May 13 13:05:52 UTC 2008

Dnia Tuesday, 13 of May 2008, Rolf Leggewie napisał:
> Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> > I vote against IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL. Let it live as ugly Angstrom hack
> > for breaking sane images into unsupportable ones.
>
> How would the correct way to do this look like?
>
> I regularly want to include package X for testing it out.  I don't want
> to create a new image definition every time.

Create rolf-test-image.bb which will do anything you want and also will
have:

IMAGE_INSTALL += "${ROLF_EXTRA_IMAGE_INSTALL}"

This way you have own image which contain anything you want and is based
on anything you want. And it is clearly your image so you are the only
one who supports it.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

      I'm trying to decide if I should kill you or simply feign death
      until you feel awkward and leave.