[oe] RFC: reverse the name change for org.oe.stable

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Mon May 12 21:15:41 UTC 2008

Dnia Monday, 12 of May 2008, Leon Woestenberg napisał:

> Agreed, so I would like to propose the stable branch should not need
> to support floating SCM versions.
>
> Only full lock-down (and tarball mirrors) will make our stable trees
> useful in the long term.

What define which recipe in stable is supported? For example -
does "asleap 2.1" supported? It is not listed in conf/checksums.ini so I
suppose that it is not maintained by anyone and that no one tried to
build it.

Keeping sources mirrored is one thing - but what use if of mirroring if
there is no way to check does files are proper ones? Who will tell does
asleap-2.1.tgz has md5 starting with "1234" or with "f38b" if it is not
fetchable from other place then 3 random mirrors?

I think that for stable branch someone whould at least fetch all sources
to generate checksums so it will be known that asleap-2.1.tgz md5sum
really starts with "1234".

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

   Programming consists of 50% planning, 50% coding and 30% mathematics