[oe] Stable Branch

mark gross markgross at thegnar.org
Sun May 18 23:56:08 UTC 2008

NSLU2 build deltas between
--branch org. org.openembedded.stable and
--branch org. org.openembedded.dev

I think this is more of a bug report against org.openembedded.dev than
anything.  Basically I can add python and python-pyseral to the
RDEPENDS fro the stable branch and end up with a slugos-image that
builds and boots on my nslu2, where if I do tthe same thing with the
dev branch I end up with a root file system bloated too much to fit.

I've done a little debugging and it seems that the culprit is term
info sucked in by implicit dependencies on terminfo that result in a
lot of rootfs bloat.

--mgross