[oe] Stable Branch

markgross at thegnar.org markgross at thegnar.org
Wed May 14 18:37:31 UTC 2008

> Just to make things clear the stable branch has the full support of the
> OE core team. We're aware some members of the community are vocal in
> their dislike of the way its being run but these do not reflect the
> views of the majority. To clarify the position with the bugzilla, it
> remains the place to submit and track OE bugs, be them in .dev, stable
> or any other branch. If any branch has a submission procedure for
> changes in addition to that, that is up to the maintainers of the
> branch.
>
> We'd like to ask people to work together to make the stable branch a
> success and make best use of our limited resources.

One quick and dumb question.  what is the monotone "phrase" for checking
out the stable branch?  the past couple of days I was updating my oe
build's and had to follow the notes on the OE gettting started page
resulting in pulling the dev tips.  (BTW the slugos-image le did build and
run for me...)

thanks,

--mgross